Thread: I quit my job!
View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 16:47   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I quit my job!

Ye, well it was going no where. Dont get me wrong the job was ok. Good eye candy, pretty decent colleagues and probably the easiest job I will ever get to do (infact I don't know an easier job).

However it was a temporary job, thus the money was bad (£6 p/h). There were no career prospects and it frustrated me sitting there and seeing all the problems yet no one would listen/care about my ideas for the solutions. Eventually my brain started to rot, it wasn't being stimulated enough as the job simply wasn't challenging.

It was also supposed to be temporary in the sense that I find a real job, a graduate job. However I had applied to a few (not nearly enough of course) and I hadn't been lucky enough to beat off the competition and gain a graduate job.

I had been there for 6 months and it's one of those things, I could stay there for a further 6 months and not blink. But I needed to do something so I quit.

Instead come Monday I start a NCTJ course (Journalsim Qualification). This course is a fast track so it's done in 18 weeks as oppose to the full year, I learn shorthand and all those jazzy things journalists need. What attracted me to the course was that they get you work experience (or at least help you get work experience). At places such as the BBC, Express & Star, Birmingham Mail.

I have two main interests Politics and Sport. I hope that I can combine the two and after some training get a job within journalism, starting off as a lowly trainee at a local paper, but eventually working my way up.

It's a risk, but f*ck it. He who dares, wins? Right?

Oh the course also costs £1050, so I am well broke. But oh it will be a fun time!

Anyone else done anything last minute and it's worked out?*

* Last time I did something crazy and unplanned was when I decided to go travelling for 6 weeks around Europe and North Africa, that worked out well!