View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 11:32   #29
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Emergency Assistance Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I found this one through match.com claiming to be a local resident in the area. Funny thing is we had been talking for a few days before the conversation I posted above. Real slick technic for sure. She (or he) tried to act like a possible love interest and then after "getting to know each other" goes in for the "I could really use your help" routine.
Social engineering is the new black in the scamming world. They take pride in making elaborate setups to scam people.

I've long lost the link but I was blown away when I stumbled across a site that appeared to be a community of 12-14 year olds scamming people out of their CC details and WoW accounts. They seemed so full of themselves with a I'll never get caught and even if I do I'm too young to goto jail attitude.

Quote:
Wonder how many others out there are getting romanced and scammed.
Thousands. It seems to be a popular scheme these days. Some people even have the balls to do it face to face with the person they are scamming.

RomanceScam is one of the more intersting sites I've read in a while. It is a community of people that have been scammed by way of a fake romance, even on occasion catching these people red handed.

Seems they have lot of posts on there detailing romance scams from the Philippines.