View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 20:33   #110
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: R32 stats and next round :p

JBG, I somewhat like the changes compared to last round. I'm not too happy about the Terran changes though.
I'm not a big fan of fortress planets. You did weaken Terran De a bit, but I'm not sure how that will work out. I don't see the proposed Bs fleet as a viable alternative. 3 races now have kill ships that fire before the Dragon (Xan Shadow, Zik Pillager, Etd Peacekeeper), meaning later in the round you can only attack Cathaar (solo). Changing Wyvern T1 to Fr means that it's no longer powerfull enough to hit Terran De. Until Xan get Shadows, you can take out bombers, but that's about it.
I think Terran is just weaker this way and it didn't need to get weaker.

The Cath fleet looks ok to me.

For Xan Fr I think it will be hard to find a viable target with all these Cr/Bs targetting them at good initiative. The Co fleet is not better than it was, but these stats might make other races build more Cr/Bs fleets, thus creating opportunities for the Xan Co. It will be interesting to see how they do.

It's a shame you had to reverse the Beetle targetting, because that makes the Corsair useless as flak for the Cutlass. Ziks will find it harder to steal Cath ships and will have trouble attacking with their Co (which I think was the best fleet Ziks had last round). The Fr can still only realisticly land on Cathaar once people develop Cr/Bs. And it still is easy to defend (Drake, Bolt Thrower and Spider aren't even targetted).
That leaves the Cr fleet as best option, which faces the same problem the Ter Bs has: Too many great Cr/Bs, meaning fewer viable targets and lots of people that can defend (esp. Pirates and Shadows will be a problem).
Zik looks less attractive to me than last round.

Etd Fr looks ok-ish. The Bs are ok, but if you go for them you'll create a big fi/co hole for xan and Cat to go through. Peacekeepers are very vulnerable, esp when they encounter Pillagers or other peacekeepers.

There's a lot of changes with emp, like reversed targetting, so I'm curious how you'll implement those changes in terms of emp efficiencies.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote