View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 01:03   #22
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all
Re: 654,965 Dead Iraqis Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
1. Or since everyone is against the Western presence we could just do everyone a favour and leave. Would that be so wrong?
No, and i would back it fully if i thought that it would diffuse the tension. But i honestly don't think thats the best possible action at the moment.

Do you?

With a weak central government and numerous factions fighting for control the Americans at present are at least presenting a common enemy. The Iraqi forces are in no position to take over the role of the American troops, and untill they are i don't see how they can withdraw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
2. I think we've *helped* just about enough for the time being.
But by the same reasoning, if we got them into the mess, then surely the least we can do is try to get them out of it?

Now i know very little of specific tactics , but the current ones are clearly not working, so a change has to be made. Effective measures have to be introduced to reverse the violence and bloodshed.

If the situation worsens to the degree whereby a pull out of troops is the only option left then this should be done.

But i don't believe that all the possibilities have been attempted, and until they have then we cannot in good faith withdraw the troops without making the effort.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote