View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 13:58   #20
Charjerk

Charjerk is infamous around these parts
Re: Alcohol culture...

I find it tragic that somebody should need alcohol to be not shy or be able to do other things. How can an individual. thorugh alcohol or drugs, put himself in an illusionary situation, complete the task and be happy with the consequences. It sounds like a temporary short cut. Are you not back to your real self afterwards, the self that does not satisfy you and compels you to drink and take drugs and be not you. Sounds like a blind circle. If you keep doing that is it you determining the details of your characteristics or drink and drugs. I feel that you they only help you to wear a mask that becomes temprarily you even for you. I guess these do not matter for people whose only aim is to behae in a certain way for some time and not worry about self development. At the end of the day the person you get back to is always you. It is strange to need artificial things to prove yourself to yourself and to your environment. The greatest fight in the world is against the self.