View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 07:54   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Alcohol culture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Reading these forums, I get the idea that most of you consider it somehow a positive thing to 'drink loads'. Some even consider getting hammered a good and proper evening, or even, if you weren't hammered, it a bad one. (Grammar fails there at one point)

This I do not understand, I mean alcohol, I drink it because I like it, I mean, I like a beer, a good glass of wine, a gin tonic, a gin fizz or whatever, but once I notice that my judgement is getting off, or worse, if I've been drinking while seated, that my movement is off, I quit drinking for that night. I hate losing control or worse, missing pieces of the film. And I cannot understand that getting drunk is 'nice'. I just can't.

Can someone explain this to me?
I think alot is down to cultural associations and what people think they are going to get out of it, as much as it is the actual chemical effects of drinking on the body.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote