Thread: Top 5 Comedians
View Single Post
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 18:00   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Top 5 Comedians

I was just looking to see what Mel Brooks films are in the library as I've only seen the recent version of The Producers and I thought I should see some more of his work.

This came about because I found out that Larry David is supposidly gonig to star in the next Woody Allen film. Confirming this IMDB fact on wikipedia (through a cited reference) I noticed that Mel Brooks is cited as an influence of Larry David. This was not a surprise as Mel Brooks appears frequently in series 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

It got me thinking, who are my five favourite comedians of all time? Here is my list (in no particular order):

1) Woody Allen
2) Larry David
3) Bill Hicks
4) Simon Pegg
5) French and Saunders*

*to make the list slighlt less male-orientated, could easily have been Victoria Wood

Now, I'm sure I've probably missed a few people who would make the list but this is all I can think of at the moment. I would like to give special mention to Bill Bailey, Jack Dee, Dylan Moran, Chris Barrie, Groucho Marx, Gene Wilder, and the main cast of Ghostbusters (who tend not to do comedy anymore (Bill Murray) or tend to not appear in movies any more (Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis)).

Edit: further mentions go to Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Carr, Dave Gorman (duh!), Steve Coogan
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 21 Feb 2008 at 16:08.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote