Thread: My school
View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 20:39   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
To be fair, I dont think that encouraging a 12 year old child to 'get into the mind' of Hitler and write about why jews should be murdered is a particularly good idea. Similarly, it might not be a good idea to give them a book of poems about murdering jews, since you wouldnt really expect a 12 year old to get the point of the poem and understand its true meaning or whatever. Children seem easily malleable when it comes to picking up negative attitudes towards other groups - look how many people grow up thinking that Indians were murderous/evil/whatever because of watching Westerns. Or how many people are distrustful of aliens because all the sci-fi movies they watched as kids featured martians trying to take over the world.
How many 12-year olds do you know that are likely to sit down and read poetry unless forced to at gunpoint.

Besides, if combined with a discussion led by an adult (not a twat like the one who wrote the blog) it is just conceivable that the child could learn something.

People like her are running around in the US wanting to pull anything on a library shelf that they don't consider politically correct. I get very tired of it.

No "Huckleberry Finn" for you it has the word ****** in it. This despite that it was a temedously anti-bigotry novel where a young white boy figures out that black people have the same feelings and should have the same rights as he does.