Thread: My school
View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 19:21   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My school

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I admit that I am not a tremendous fan of poetry in general. However, it seems these people have badly missed the point of the poem (though I would like to see the entire piece to be sure).
To be fair, I dont think that encouraging a 12 year old child to 'get into the mind' of Hitler and write about why jews should be murdered is a particularly good idea. Similarly, it might not be a good idea to give them a book of poems about murdering jews, since you wouldnt really expect a 12 year old to get the point of the poem and understand its true meaning or whatever. Children seem easily malleable when it comes to picking up negative attitudes towards other groups - look how many people grow up thinking that Indians were murderous/evil/whatever because of watching Westerns. Or how many people are distrustful of aliens because all the sci-fi movies they watched as kids featured martians trying to take over the world.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote