View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 09:15   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Personal Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
perhaps they took longer to drive off because that waiting car was in the way - so they had to reverse out slowly and carefully?
I can empathise with that one. I was in a situation not that long ago where I was attempting to vacate a carspace when a lady driver keen on poaching it manouvered in such a way that I could not easily get out. Much time was spent by myself in trying to signal for her to get out of my way which she either ignored or simply did not care, only too happy to hold up other traffic behind her. For the sake of humanity I gave up attempting to communicate with the simpleton and got out through persistance. In restrospect I now wish I had reparked my car and walked off.

On topic though, people who wait for car spaces are a pet peeve of mine because they often do so without consideration for others. I wouldn't mind if it were a quick transaction, but most of the time they will sit for as long as they have too quite aware they are holding up about 15 cars behind them. The extra stupid ones are those who start the waiting game when they can see the current occupiers have a pile of shopping to load.

I am far more considerate and will simply find somewhere else to park. It baffles me for instance that people will drive in circles and fight for spaces on the ground level of a shopping complex when the next level above is practically empty.