View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 06:59   #11
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: To Kill or Not to Kill, That Is the Question

Maybe the Death Penalty would be more of a deterrant if they walked you out of the courtroom and down to the chamber and gave you the needle. This would save taxpayers those millions of dollars that go into appeals and feeding and providing shelter for the condemned for 10-40 years, and quite frankly I'd rather see this money put into schools, which are always in need of better funding.

Yes, I am aware that this idea does have the side-effect of possibly killing off innocent people, but aside from really screwed up police work, or dirty cops beating a confession out of someone so they can close the case, the technology we have now a days with DNA evidence and all that almost guarantees that they got the right person.

As for whether or not I'm for or against the Death Penalty, I'd say yes. As to whether or not I think it's cruel, I say no. I know this sounds mean and extremely cruel, but I think they should kill the prisoner in the same way they killed there victim (eg if they shot the victim, you shoot them, if they gutted them with a knife, gut them, if they blew them up, blow them up), this would be cruel, but I'm betting most of the family and friends of the victim would be utterly happy with them getting what they dished out.