Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 05:37   #110
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Hye I would never in a million years vote for BNP if they had any chance at all of winning an election. However, why is it not okay to vote for them to try and force the mainstream parties to do what they're scared of doing?
Because the changes the mainstream parties would make would be to move towards BNP ideas (although obviously in a less extreme form), and most things the BNP advocates are terrible - even if you ignore the racism/immigration stuff. Saying 'radical change is needed and the BNP is the only party offering radical change' ignores the fact that the 'radical changes' offerred by the BNP are in the wrong direction. Just because change is needed, it doesnt mean that any change is good; things can always get worse.

I mean yeah, discussions about the BNP are always going to end up as arguments over immigration, but we could also talk about the horribleness of executing paedophiles, vocational education, police states, homophobia, or any of the other awful BNP policies that dont revolve around hating brown people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
"We, the BNP, believe that there is a possibility of native British people becoming an ethnic minority in the UK. As such we are in favour of stopping all immigration in order to ensure that people of British ethnicity remain the majority of the population in the UK."

I have no idea how that's about economics. I can't even imagine how someone can argue that it is. It explicitly, and only, refers to the future ethnic composition of Britain as the reason for their immigration policy. I'm not guessing anything. I'm not really sure how else I can rephrase this or how you're not getting it.
Thats not racist and it reflects a legitimate feeling of unease that many people have about the decline of strong national identities. Throwing accusations of racism at the BNP doesnt do anything to combat the feeling a lot of people have that traditional cultures are being replaced by global homogenity. Obviously hating immigrants isnt the answer (and immigration isnt even the problem), but pretending that the issue doesnt exist and claiming that all oppostion to globalisation stems from racism isnt a great solution either.

Whether the BNP are racist really isnt the point - they arent ever going to get elected so the hidden agendas of their members arent terribly important. What is important are the feelings that are making people vote for them, even when these people probably arent particularly racist. Its about culture (and its disappearance) rather than race, and excluding these issues from mainstream debate just helps build up the feelings of persecution/resentment which leads to people voting BNP.

Last edited by Nodrog; 9 Jun 2009 at 06:13.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote