Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:27   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Smoking Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Do you really think that'll happen, piglet? I can't realistically think of a situation where I'd be wondering what people are talking about outside, and go to join them. Even in the summer I'd rather just be where everyone else is. Just because they're outside having a smoke doesn't mean the conversation suddenly becomes exciting and different.
Say there are five of you. Four smoke. You don't. When they want a cigarette as a smoker you are more inclined to go out with other smokers. Smoking is a social activity. Smokers always appear to be chatty and when you are in a situation like say at a train station, airport or in general just waiting at the bar, smokers will speak to each other. It will start off with "got a light" but will develop into a conversation.

I am not sure how clubs etc will deal with smokers. I would assume they will have some kind of backup plan to allow people to exit and come back in again so they can smoke. If this happens I guarentee non smokers will be going out to "get some air" with the smokers.

Quote:
Come Autumn/Winter, there's no way people are going to be tempted to brave the cold weather outside to join their smoking buddies.
You are probably right.

Quote:
Most of my friends have (thankfully) given up smoking, or are in the process of doing it. I don't smoke. How many of you smoke? Will the ban encourage you to quit?
I smoke.

I am probably on about 5 a day.

20 when I go out (once sometimes twice a week)

I don't think the ban will encourage me to quit. It will certainly help me if I decided to quit. I smoke outside mostly. In fact the only time where I smoke 20 is in a club. So I just won't smoke 20, but my usual 5 a day.

When I am at home I pop out and have a couple of cigarettes in the evening.

When I am at college/work I smoke outside.

When I am in the pub and around non smokers, in general I pop outside and have one. So far me it won't have a great effect.

Although I am sure it will do on the weak. But hey, no one likes a quitter right|