View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 16:43   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The portal (again)

I have to apologise for the lack of information about the portal.
To sumarise:
in short, in the middle of Round 22, the portal server was updated and broke apache and corrupted several databases (including the portal one).
As myk's long-promised portal was nearly ready, we decided to leave it - he was just being given Jolt's layout. However, he was just starting his business. Before the end of Round 22 he was less active, and whilst he had done some of the portal (which you see), he then disappeared to see his girlfriend. Unfortunately, since then I've tried to contact him and whilst he's promised to send me the rest of the portal, he hasn't and so I've given up. Among the code not sent was all the user registration and admin tools, which is why the portal hasn't been updated so much (manual mysql entry is always a bit exciting).
Because of the lack of code of much more than what you see (which I've hacked), Cin has done another one - purely because we're not sure how any of myk's portal was meant to fit together. We have a few problems that we're not sure will resolve by Friday, but when it's done it will be much more complete. After myk's announcement that his portal would be done by Round 23, we're wary of announcing when exactly it'd be done.
I apologise for this