View Single Post
Unread 22 Sep 2018, 13:18   #105
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Ironborn Backstab

It isn't confusing in the slightest, I operated in the political surroundings that I was given by GM when setting attacks. Namely, that we gal raid and only alliances I could not hit where hr/norse/carnage as we were napped with them.

Had we been forced into a block, I am sure (though up to him to confirm) that we would have joined ults block, due to the absolute facts that IB had been a LOT more hostile to us than Ult (as had the others in IB's block) and that we were napped to the three alliances that were working in Ults block.

I was clear to all concerned in IB's block room about this, there was no secret.

I told IB that committing more was tricky and that I was also concerned they would fk off and leave us to Ult. They said it wouldn't happen, then left Otters and CT to hit ult whilst they went off to ground, and then hit others in Ults block, without telling us.

I left this room when I was accused of both blocks of playing both sides, infact it was a standing joke that both blocks were accusing me of being the 'mastermind' behind the opposing block and frankly couldn't be arsed with that shite, especially as I was shown logs between Kheros/IB and Demort/Carn slagging me off.

So I went back to doing my own thing.

Then Venox asked me to rejoin, at a late point in time when I was at work (I am a teacher and cant do dick all during the day). I did what I could that night with a clear commitment to do more the next night when I could plan better. I even told the room that I would p-target ult the next night (which WOULD have been outside my remit of attacks that I had been given). But Kheros chose instead to nap Ult and their allies and leave otters and ct out to dry (otters had been p targeting Ult properly too).

I didn't tell gm I was in the IB room, as I was following the attacking parameters he had been given, and frankly I was trying to give him a break as much as possible whilst on school holidays as he works his arse off for ct round after round and it is knackering for him.

The fact is, IB created a shit block and went on Ult without preparation.
And they got owned for it. They created this whole mess and chose to go on CT instead of fighting for the win. That is their choice, personally I think they are cowards but that is the route they took.

But to say it is confusing is far off the mark. It is very simple. They could have had me doing limited attacks on ult (we were putting minimum 50% of our fleets on Ult when helping, every night, or they could have approached gm for more.
They chose to use me instead of contacting gm for more. Politics was not my remit and I did none. I refused to do politics. They knew ALL along that they had to speak to gm for politics if they wanted further commitment and chose not to.
The ONLY time I stepped over the line was when I told them I would p-target ult the next night and they immedietly responded by napping Ult, so it never actually happened.

As far as I am concerned CT had a good round. We had a (tiny) chance of a win in a round where we should have had no chance, avoided concentrated incs for most of the round, defensively we were better than we have been for a long time, perhaps ever, and we stayed firm until we had no chance of winning.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote