Thread: A Plane Problem
View Single Post
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 17:25   #50
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Plane Problem

I can't really emphasise my argument without repeating myself again and again so :shrug: .

I found this though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.meignorant.com

The aircraft will not fly. Wheels don't make an aircraft fly, nor does thrust (look at a glider). The force that makes an aircraft fly is the air that passes over the wings creating lift (air moves at more velocity over the top of the wing than the lower surface, creating a low pressure area - therefore, lift).

The treadmill always moves at the same speed as the aircraft - so the aircraft can never gain forward momentum in relation to the static (unmoving) neighboring air, therefore the wings can not create lift. In effect, the treadmill, the wheels and the engines don't even matter in the 'problem' - if the aircraft can not move in relation to the air (and create lift) they might not as well even be moving. Even an aircraft using very heavily 'blown' wings and flaps (using engine bleed air) require at least a small amount of forward motion to create the extra lift which is used for very low speed takeoffs. (Search the NASA site for more details...)

Simply put it's not an aircraft's engines that make it fly, it's the result of the movement of the air over the wings (the engines simply move the aircraft forward, creating that movement.) No movement no lift. No lift, no fly.

Mike Kopack
FAA Airframe and Powerplant Technician
EX USAF F-16A/B/C/D Crew Chief
http://www.lucky-devils.net