View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 18:09   #41
GoskBalem

GoskBalem is on a distinguished road
Re: The Eitraides, a good surprise ?

My 2c after returning from a long break from PA has been nothing but positive (well apart from running my FR fleet against some def, a bonus actually cos I then focused on my BS fleet)
Etd have emp, clocked and stealing ships (well one anyway), while some people might think this is a disadvantage I would disagree. I have never been a fan of Xan, especially early in the round due to the clocked ships. But later in the round a Advanced scan removes that advantage. This doesn't effect the Etd as much as the Xan. The vendor (emp) is an excellent ship for def in the early part of the round (and still is to a limited extent).

Finally we get to the merchant, which someone mentioned earlier in the thread is a good stealing ship and the only anti-BS defense Etd have.

If I have one complaint it is the weakness against BS. But then again I think the 5% tax for universe trading and greater salvage almost makes up for that.

NEway finished my first post. Have a great round everyone no matter what race you are.
GoskBalem is offline   Reply With Quote