View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:55   #41
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Festival Wrist Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I love it when people other than me show off their internet rage. Thanks furball and SS, you're both bastions of internet seriousness! <3

I can see why people wear bands for festivals. For anyone over the age of 20 (ie not a teenager) it's a little silly. You can't really judge someone on it though as it's really just another fashion item - albeit more expensive/harder to get hold of. Which in some ways validates it more as a fashion item than something like trainers or a t-shirt. Criticism for it should beon the same level as for any fashion item.
I'm sorry Tom, but I don't see how you can possibly compare a paper wristband, mass produced in order to allow you through a gate, with a 'fashion item'.
It's the equivalent of a parking ticket worn around your wrist.

The only possible reason why you would wear one of these things is to suggest to other people that "you were there", and that by implication you are somehow cooler than they are.

This is bollocks. Fashion is bollocks too, but this is worse.