View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2007, 17:06   #18
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Predicting the future of international politics: China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
You see no evidence that the Chinese government has changed tact since the early 1970s ?
Still locking up Human Rights lawyers, still denying Tienanmen Square, still preventing citizens worshipping the Pope or the Dalai Lama, still conducting education through labour, still selling arms to military dictatorships like the Burmese one, still suppressing minority races... The only positive thing I've seen is their entry into the UN, and even there they've continued to block country specific resolutions pertaining Human Rights, notably the one on political prisoners in Burma.

Admittedly, Chinese governmental policy isn't as aggressive as it was under Mao, but again... I see no evidence. If you have some I'd appreciate the information.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote