View Single Post
Unread 23 Jan 2008, 21:56   #35
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A question about morality

Quote:
"Why does (British) society not kill disabled babies* whilst allowing the existence of abortion
In the Netherlands it's already possible when a few criteria are met. There is no actual law that allows it, but it won't be prosecuted.

Quote:
"the suffering must be so severe that the newborn has no prospects of a future; there is no possibility of a cure or alleviation with medication or surgery; the parents must always give their consent; a second opinion must be provided by an independent doctor who has not been involved with the child’s treatment; and the deliberate ending of life must be meticulously carried out with the emphasis on aftercare. "
Couldn't be arsed to translate so i quoted this from here. Basicly the protocol says that the child must greatly suffer from his condition and will always keep suffering from it. So it isn't exactly a matter of convenience for the parents but it's really to end it's suffering.

When they're older it's not up to others anymore and they have to ask for euthanasia themselves.

Last edited by Alessio; 23 Jan 2008 at 22:08.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote