View Single Post
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 11:32   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Drifting towards 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
While I don't neccesarily disagree with this, isn't this a bit "pessimistic" to think about the friendships you have with other people like this?
I wouldn't say so. The people I am friends with are the people who make me feel good and who are fun to be around. Most friendships shouldn't need to endure many stresses (in normal conditions) unless you're both over-emotional nutcases. Sure, there will be some downs but these will be massively outweighed by the ups and so any cost-benefit analysis should be clear.
Quote:
While this may be true, surely there's a difference between accepting the fact that there's people better than you and coming to realise you're just average at everything.
It's very easy to become "above-average" at some things with a small amount of time invested. If you spend an hour playing chess every day, you'll be better than most people within a couple of weeks. If you spend an hour studying some obscure philosophy then you'll probably know more than most people do within that single hour. You carve out your niche, to a certain extent. No, you won't necessarily be the tallest/strongest/prettiest of them all, but you could easily become someone who knows more (or has experienced more) of a given field than the vast majority of people.

And your self-esteem shouldn't rely on hanging around with losers, either. That seems like a sure fire way to become more of a loser in most cases.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote