View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 19:03   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The end of british democracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleykins
Mz:
security of person, that is an emphasis of my point, as is the fact that torture, (dictionary.reference.com/browse/torture) 7. to afflict with severe pain of body or mind, is itself prohibited by another aspect of the declaration, and i myself feel extreme mental anguish when terrorized,([dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorise) 3. to produce widespread fear by acts of violence, as bombings, and as such the government by introducing these acts are defending my human rights.

I myself will be subject to these exact same laws that 'infringe' on my rights, and i see the logical and undeniable reasons behind them.
You're misinterpreting the word 'torture' as it's used in the document. You then proceed to base your entire argument around it, which makes it incorrect as a whole. You're also lying by omission, as definition 7 has "My back is torturing me." as example, while definition 3 does not even appear on that page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations
The document is mostly about protecting people from their governments, not protecting people from other people. In that light, torture is nothing but (mental and physical) violence against prisoners perpetrated by institutions of a government or parts thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article 3
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
Furthermore, I would like to point out that 'life', 'liberty' and 'security of person' are displayed side by side, signifying a sense of equality. This in turn implies that taking away one in favour of one or both of the others would be at best a very strange thing to do, and at worst a wilful act of dismantling one or more basic human rights. And isn't it interesting that that's exactly what "the terrorists" are doing?

And finally, allow me to summarise our position with yet another quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
Those who would forsake essential liberty for a little added security deserve neither liberty nor security.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote