View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 14:32   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
wakey the dramaqueen

Not so long ago I was reading the forums, and I stumbled across this thread that was about reputation, and people who care. In this thread a poster, notorious for writing posts longer than anyone is willing to read, was posting.

This particular fellow has taken it as his role, as a unbiased moderator, to teach me the ways of "not being a idiot" or "a 1up gangbanger" or even worse, "A person who destroys the forums by neg repping people for no reason".

Here is a copy of the mail wakey decided to send me. I neg repped him on a random post for no reason, and didnt bother signing. So I guess he was a bit angry.

Luckily he is a moderator so he could track me down and confront me with this horrible act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Cheers for the neg rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I am trying to argue that the likes of yourself arent all complete twats whom cant take a bit of critism on the forums as long as its presented in a resonable manner and isnt just flaming for the sake of flaming and then you go and prove the others on the thread right.

Now is it any suprise that people with any kind of link to 1up are thought to be complete and utter arragant twats when this kind of thing happens..

I just hope it was just me you neg repped and not anyone else as that really would be a case of pouring fuel on the fire

Yeah Okay wakey, you are onto me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler
Answer: what the **** are you on about? Seriously, whats wrong with you? Go pester someone else
Go away, sir!

But would he? Oh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
And "whats wrong with me" is twats like you. Here some of us are trying to encourage posting on the forums by trying to downplay the fact that idiotic 1up supporters will needlessly neg rep you for no reason and then you go and decide to undermine the point and show that all people with 1up connections are a cancer to this forum and whom wont be happy till the forums just made up of themselves so it becomes a place where they can just stroke their over inflated ego's

So if you dont want to be bothered grow up and show people some respect rather than undermining them for no reason
This is getting personal. wakey, me? a twat?

I am complaining to JJ

Quote:
Seriously, I cant understand why you even CARE about this. I didnt neg rep you because I give a shit about you, I neg repped you because I want to neg rep someone else and had to do others first. so there.

And if you think having secret powers gives you the right to contact me about something as petty as a ****ing 'reputation blob' then **** off mister. I dont care about you
I am at this point, stunned. Why does he CARE, christ

I guess I just found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
My 'secret powers' do give me the right to contact you when it comes to the management of these forums and how to get more people posting. While I dont care on a personal level alot of people do care about the way people like yourself neg rep them what seems stupid reasons. After a while of these 'rep attacks' on people it builds up a view that unless your in the in crowd you arent welcome and they then dont bother posting again.

If you need to spread some rep before neg repping someone again then find someone whos posted something you think is well written or makes a point you agree with but dont neg rep someone for the sake of it just so you can neg rep someone else.

If you continue I would expect a whole load more of these messages once JJ turns anon reping off
wakey has concluded that bad rep gives less posters.. if only this worked on robban1

I will try to follow your advice wakey, so people dont get red blobs, afterall, its by the blobs we are all recognised for out greatness

Quote:
Jesus christ. I am posting a thread about this and at the same time Im nominating you for Wanker of the Month.

Sincerely yours, Captain "I am better than wakey at everything" Idler.
Im a man of my words. Cya on the blob-side