View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 02:25   #69
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: because we didn't have a favourite movie-thread in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
quite possibly, but what i'm saying is that it is in the same way (at least from how i see it now) that i might be missing out on eating by not cooking my food. (hypothetical obviously, i'm a great chef)
The food tastes the same, but i'm missing out on something by not cooking it.
I'm likening this to getting the same affect of the film's aesthtics even if you don't fully appreciate the technical know how.
This is not the same as missing out on the symbolism, because that is substance based, not value based (assuming we don't go extreme subjectivism here).
I have to agree with S|K on this tbh.
Sometimes the sheer genius of some productions just isnt that obvious.
A movie can be fantasticly well made, have a unique way of bringing the events and have a story with a brilliant context and subtle hints towards it and still be seen as a terrible movie by people that don't have a clue what their talking about.

The message people get is one thing, but how u bring the message and what the actual message was is also worth some credit.

Last edited by Alessio; 11 Dec 2005 at 02:33.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote