View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 16:10   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
surely what really matters to people like marv is whether you actually pay up in the end, not whether a band gets more "fans". and the answer to your first question is websites like myspace and it's ilk. you don't need to be able to download and entire album in FLAC to be able to workout if you like the band or not.
To use the Bad Religion example, the track they released from New Maps of Hell was Dearly Beloved which is a terrible terrible song. On the strength of that, as opposed to Submission Complete, Grains of Wrath, Fields of Mars and the like, I wouldn't have bought the album.

The only things I have in FLAC are Wagner operas anyway.

I also hear Arcade Fire are doing ok for themselves, they're popular on the back of the internets don'tchaknow

Quote:
is this a joke?
No

Quote:
you might just be doing this out the goodness of your heart (in which case well done) but from my hugely limited schema surrounding writing programs, are there not some bennefits to offering your code for free that say releasing your music does not. i.e beta testing it, getting a "fan base" for the product for when you release a version that requires payment?
Last I checked you couldn't beta test a radio show. And how could you hear a computer script?

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 23 Oct 2007 at 16:18.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote