View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 10:42   #13
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Big Ol' War Thread

This forum makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. SA is pissing me off. Thank you.

My gf's grandfather was rushed to the hospital on wednesday morning, suffering from a heart attack. Although all is well now, him, his wife and my gf are now stuck at the hospital since the bridge to the south (where they live) has been bombed. Her parents were flying to Lebanon on friday, but are now stuck outside the country. Her younger brother is at home, in the south of lebanon, with his uncles.

I'm very very worried right now since Israel has pretty much isolated the country, by destroying the runways at the international airport (three times), destroying the bridges internally and those connecting to Syria, and have established a sea blockade.

Here's a nice quote from SA:

Quote:
Here's another, (albeit secondhand,) snapshot from Lebanon. I just got off the phone with my girlfriend's grandparents in Lebanon, and they and their neighbors who live on the coast claim that snipers on the Israeli ships that are blocking the ports are taking pot shots at people walking along the coastal road where they live. Her mother was really broken up about it, but her grandfather told me that he didn't think they were shooting to kill, but rather "just for fun."

Her dad looked at me and said, "and this isn't terrorism?"
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote