View Single Post
Unread 25 Sep 2006, 18:31   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Housing Law, Anyone?

I'm a landlord and while I can expect to have some reasonable wear and tear while tenants are in a property, I also expect teh place to be cleaned to a standard near to where it was prior to the beginningof the lease.

The standard ARLA rental agreement states:

Quote:
To clean to (or pay for the cleaning to) a good standard, the premises, its fixtures and fittings, including the cleaning of any carpets, curtains (including net curtains), blankets, bedding, upholstery etc. which have become soiled, stained or marked during the tenancy. To provide, upon request, receipts to the landlord or his agent to demonstrate compliance with this clause.
Quote:
To remove all the tenant’s refuse and rubbish from within the premises and to ensure that it is stored outside in proper receptacles and, where appropriate, make arrangements with the local authority or others for its prompt removal at the expense of the tenant.
The last time I had tenants change, the previous ones had painted several walls in a different colour to the existing. They paid for the walls to be re-painted, I didn't have to get heavy-handed, I just explained that it wasn't as it was at the beginning of the lease, and I would have to paint before the new tenants moved in.
They didn't clean the place brilliantly, but it was good enough. I paid for the carpets to be cleaned before the new tenants moved in.

Essentially, if you'd have made an effort, by emptying the freezer and doing a quick clean, it shows the landlord you've tried, if you don't bother, don't expect to get your deposit back and don't expect to have much in teh ways of any grounds to dispute at leats a partial retention of it if you can't be arsed to clean.

Furious has good points, if it's a shithole when you move in, or paint is discoloured, etc, make sure you record that at the beginning, otherwise it will be you paying for it at the end.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote