Thread: Alliance size
View Single Post
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 23:46   #15
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alliance size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
This long round have brought ahead a few very interesting facts about alliance size, activity, and playability for smaller alliances. In the Creators hour the following was said about this:
There seem to be another issue for smaller alliances to get through on the bigger ones just because of the shere size of the bigger alliances, thus creating an even more thougher enviroment for the smaller alliances.
Allthough a valid argument allthough has been that everyone wants to play with their mates, surely this round with 100 members has shown that the issues for smaller alliances to make an impact, and to keep going have been more difficult. I would like to hear from Orbit, F-Crew, HR and others, how has it been this round compared to other rounds lets say from r14 to r28
To me this round has been the suckiest round ever!

The playing field is too much skewed imo. Of course it is to some extent skewed as you have actives, semi actives etc who are spread over the alliances...
But in this situation even if you try you will be mathimatically losing any way: 100 members = 300 fleets vs 50 (active) members = 150 fleets... every attack we send out can be covered by 2 defence fleets, let alone the galaxy defence. On the other side if we get incomings we just have 0,5 fleets per incoming fleet available. Take also into account that the average member has less score and value and the amount of fleets you need to cover is even more increasing. Just an example to prove my point: we sent an fc on a top 4 alli planet... we sent 16 fleets (big fleets for Orbit) It got simply overcovered by 16 fleets of which over 10 planets were bigger than our bigger members.
In teh beginning of the round we did exceptionally well in defence... but after a few hundred ticks we did not stand a chance anymore... that consequently meant that our members were demotivated and meant even worse defence.

Considering attacks I dare to assert that we land 1 out 10 attacks on top 4 alli planets if it is not worse due to sheer outnumbering. This is also due to the size of the galaxies. I really dislike the size of galaxies. Smaller alliances like Orbit don't even try to attack top 20 gals now as next to the above mentioned defence of alliances, huge galaxies mean another source of loads of defencefleets. Orbit used to be a feared attacking machine... this round we have become a laughing matter for those big gals...

Another thing that bugs me is that if someone crashes in a 100 member alliance, it does not even affect them much!
An example: today or yesterday PDMaster crashed: check the impact it had on Asc score... indeed **** ALL!
Compare this to what happens if one of our members crashes or lands badly: we feel it right away.

In sum, in this round it has been about the #, not the skills and qualities imo.
This round we did not even stand a fair chance.
And if this continues next round, I don't even see a reason for small alliances to start playing at all as they only play for **** all, to be cannon fodder to the 100 member (or 90 member) alliances.
This round has been a horrible round for the casual gamer, and maybe even worse for the new players. Speaking for myself: if this format is used next round, I will not be HC-ing as it is not worth it anyways. My 2 cents.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote