View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2007, 14:07   #4
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Re: [Football] West Ham / Tevez

I don't know about that but if FIFA were to see that they fielded players who were inelligable then surely they need to decide if the actions taken against West Ham have been sufficient or what kind of gains they made from breaking those rules.

Irregardless of whether Sheff Utd played good football for any part of the season I'm in favour of their cause saying that:

1) West Ham fielded inelligble players
2) West Ham most likely got points from the above

I think it makes sense that if they've broken the rules and have saved themselves from relegation as a result, that Sheffield United have a decent claim - rules are there as guidance, and they are never absolute. They have every right to dispute it, and if they have enough support and evidence something might come of this.

Besides...
Sheff Utd beat West Ham 3-0 at home, and lost 1-0 away. If you want to use the playoffs as an indicator who probably deserved to go down, use that as a good indicator. Some leagues use head-to-head scores rather than GD or GF (e.g. Serbia - obviously not a direct measure, so don't go comparing the SuperLeague to the Premiership lol) ... but on that basis you could claim that Sheff Utd shouldn't be in the position they are.

(although I will concede that by that logic West Ham should end above Arsenal and Man Utd having pillaged 6points from both this year - I just used it as an example like the Play-Offs / any 2 legged match)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote