View Single Post
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 22:02   #40
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
Re: [politics] new tory logo

1. For once you're right, I'm not sorry.
2. Give me your definition of propaganda, the one on the online dictionary reads as follows: "information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc."
I have a feeling your definition is something like: "the thing fascists use to brainwash people", in which case - well done for absorbing the propaganda with all the idiocy you could muster.
3. I said, and repeated, 'practically disenfranchised', meaning: although people have an equal vote in theory, in practice some votes count for more than others, some votes can be ignored, some votes aren't cast, a lot of the time it isn't worth casting votes for most of the parties. I'll forgive the fact your understanding doesn't reach A-level politics standard.
4. Ok. Aristocracy
1. a class of persons holding exceptional rank and privileges, esp. the hereditary nobility.
2. a government or state ruled by an aristocracy, elite, or privileged upper class.
3. government by those considered to be the best or most able people in the state.
4. a governing body composed of those considered to be the best or most able people in the state.
5. any class or group considered to be superior, as through education, ability, wealth, or social prestige.
Take your pick.
Oligarchy
1. a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few.
2. a state or organization so ruled.
3. the persons or class so ruling.
This is exactly what i meant, although I was under the impression that wealth had something to do with it.

5. Such as, for example, the true incentives and views of the Tory party? Well done Yahwe, you're getting good at stating the obvious here.

I was going to respond to 6 with something equally obnoxious about a sad middle-aged toff who spends all his time on the internet, but instead I'm happy just knowing you're wrong.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote