View Single Post
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 19:25   #96
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Proposal for the creation of the roundly block against Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
so because this happened last round we can disregard the four previous rounds in a row ascendancy were the winning ally along with the many other winning rounds in its history, and look at it as a flagshipping alliance with more interest in top gal/planet? even light wouldnt say something so silly /o\
You want to say that Ascendancy of the rounds prior to 32 are the same alliance as the current one? Perhaps you'd like to ask around where Elviz and his BG played before 32.
The current Ascendancy are in it's current shape more similar to the early one. They have gone back to their core of players, and not all of them are playing seriously.

Quote:
asc should be the concern of any alliance wishing to win this round just as much as apprime.

if vision or penguins want to win they have to defeat apprime and see ascendancy as the realistic threat they could very well be. big picture.

reactionary, short sighted politics of 'LETS GO FOR THE NUMBER BEFORE THEY GET TOO BIG!!1!1!' have been the cause of many allies in recent history to fail
Nice try there. But we both know that even if Ascendancy turned out to be the big threat you paint them to be, then the focus should still be on the #1 alliance, and not on the #6. If Apprime themselves thought Asc to be the biggest threat, they would be pounding them already. (Remember exilition? They hit 1up night after night even after they were out of the top 5 and had shit roids.) That's how this game works. The winning alliance focuses on their top threat, or at least should. I don't think Apprime are soooo shortsighted that they would let Asc alone if they thought them a real threat.

Quote:
then you clearly havent been around or paying attention the past few rounds.
Well, if you have been paying more attention, pray tell me how the current Asc differs from last rounds Asc. (Yes, they have gone Xan, and probably are bit more active than last round). Have they recruited more active players? Are you aware of Asc top planets hiding out of tag? What makes them so different than last round, where they were nowhere near contending for #1 alliance?