View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:49   #159
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
You could equally state the shot on the sidebar from Swiss was also unlucky.
Case closed.

Quote:
I don't know if you saw the entire, match, I did. Yes, overall Spain was abit unlucky. Or atleast more unlucky then Swiss was.
I think this is very vain. Measuring which side was "more or less unlucky" is a discussion of preference.

Quote:
in the end, the team with most goals wins.
And not the one that wastes more opportunities to score.

Quote:
Yes, football is a contact sport. Some of the errors on Iniesta, however, were done with ill intention.
This is why the referee is on the pitch. A lot of players sometimes at least seem to do things out of ill intention (follow Franck Ribery for a prime example).

Quote:
Lobbing or passing as it wasn't clear if it was either a very poor lob or a very poor pass
This characterizes a lot of it. David Villa's finishing was quite poor overall. His free kick landed straight at the opposing players. Fernando Torres had some chances (eg. the one where he seemed to be setting off only to put the ball out of the pitch with a poor touch to it). More than a Xabi Alonso shot hitting the crossbar, I think Spain's finishing was characterized by lack of quality in and out. Torres, Piquet, David Villa. All had some very good spots to put the ball into the net. Unlucky? No. Poor finishing? Yes. Poor play? Yes.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote