View Single Post
Unread 31 May 2009, 02:50   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: A plea to the developers of PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'm not sure how you're justifying your point?
You're saying that alliances are so pushed for defence that they're getting prelaunched out of alliance defence to cover themselves? Removing this defence just leaves the alliance weaker to fi/co. The alliance has to then mass-produce anti fi/co and / or pull all fi/co attack fleets to help defend. This hurts the alliance but doesn't seem to solve the problem imo?

I think that there's too many fi/co fleets, so there's no ship that can be built purely for 0 loss fi/co defence at alliance eta. Even a rogue-type ship (bs -> fi/co) would seriously redress the balance. I'd rate these as higher than looking at out of galaxy/alliance defence.
I'll go into more detail.
I am not saying there is alot of prelaunching def against fi and co fleets and predicting prelaunching via jumpgate probing yourself a few minutes before tick.
I am saing that there is a tactical disavantage with frig/de/cr/bs fleets.
whilst there is out of ally/cluster defending.

Presume full eta research has been done.
lets say if you have a cath fi or a xan co fleet (eta 8 in base goes "red" at eta 7)
there are only going to be 3 types of def against it. 1st ingal 2nd same cluster and 3rd ally....def it isnt possible for any types of def to do the eta (hence a tactical advantage compared to fr/de/cr/bs)

If you have any other types of roiding fleets then it can be def against out of tag / out of cluster.

predominately banshees and nixies are the def ship of choice v frig and de fleets bombers and Black widows. that have a 1 tick window where regardless if it is in ally/cluster or not.

even if there was a bs or a cr class anti fi/co ship that is 0 loss def it still wouldnt fundamentally correct this....

without naming alliances... they do use out of tag out of cluster def

another thing with xans it is always tricky with the old fi class anti frig (banshee) and frig class anti fi ships (ghosts) is which one should have the better init. I would have personally would have swaped the inits around.
if memory serves me correctly it was something similar back in r15 when this was done there was alot of support planets/out of ally def then again if it was hard coded to disable out of tag def. then this problem wouldnt have been an issue.