View Single Post
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:01   #13
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: A plea to the developers of PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I thought of writing a little program to test races out, but then I couldn't be bothered (also the only programming language I know atm is fortran...). A working one would be very useful but probably a bitch to code properly. Maybe MrLobster could let us use PAOL coding?
I highly doubt any automated tool (beyond maybe doing 10 calcs automatically instead of manually here and there) will be of much use. A competent stats team to find any glaring mistakes, and then betas is about your best bet.

Something like, you give an attack fleet (eg, a xan fi fleet), and the tool will automatically go through every anti fi ship seeing how efficient they are etc is quite easy to do... but I'd like to think a competent stats team can grasp stuff like that by looking at the stats themselves

So what exactly would you want this code to do? Baring in mind artificial intelligence in scripts isn't something many people will be willing to code for you ;p
newt is offline   Reply With Quote