View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2006, 18:03   #7
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The audience's reaction was interesting. Especially how everyone generally laughed less and less as it went on.
i'm sure to an extent that was partly because it was 'uncomfortable',

but i think also a good deal was that his audience was the white house and the media, and he went after both pretty hard.

obviously it was satire when he said "i have nothing but contempt for [the press corps in attendance]", but when you poke through the satire, what was really meant was "I have nothing but contempt for [the press corps in attendance]."
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote