View Single Post
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 10:58   #22
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ITT: You help me with the culture shock [London]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
"Yeah... good barman... good job... here have a cookie. Can you do another trick too?"

We Dutch don't tip... as a barman it's your job to serve me and you get paid for that already.
And perhaps if those bars weren't ripping us off with their overpriced beer then perhaps I had some money left to tip someone.

And no, I'm not a cheap bastard... I'm simply Dutch.
Very true. I tip waiters though, if they gave me decent service, but I don't see how someone handing me a beer across 50 cm of bar-length should make him deserve a tip.

Then again, I'm Dutch. We could clear our throat, once we placed our order whistle at all time making gestures indicating he should hurry up, and once we get our drinks, throw the note on the floor next to the bar and go "Fetch!", and still get away with it. We're not exactly known for being polite :|.