View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 15:46   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
This is a large victory for the average musician.
I'd say it's the opposite. How exactly are people supposed to hear music from Obscure Band #5 through traditional means? I can name large numbers of bands that I only got into through downloading music from the internet (Bad Religion being a good example, as despite being a well known band that have been about for nigh on three decades at this point I had no ****ing clue who they were) that I wouldn't have spent money in other circumstances.

Of course, this presumes that the obscure band in question are actually good (I can name more artists for whom I listened to the album once and then promptly deleted) but I doubt anyone's in the entertainment industry because they think they're crap at it.

That's even assuming that downloading causes any sort of economic damage to the music industry at all, last I checked the drop in sales was consistent with the fall in revenue in other entertainment media.

I have to say that I'm not a musician, but I am a writer - and if one of my scripts gets transmitted then the first thing I'd do would be to send copies to everyone, host it on torrent trackers and the like. Anything that gets more people to hear or see it is a good thing.

[edit]

Last time we had one of these threads I found some research that showed that proportionally more money was going to small artists than large artists since the rise of file sharing.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 23 Oct 2007 at 15:52.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote