Thread: new stats
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 12:16   #35
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: new stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RevictioN~
Since I love Cathaar im going to ask you to return its identity seems you have lost it heres why.
CR Fleet has no EMP ships. ( so much for attacking someone bigger then you and those no loss attacks )
yes I realised this and it's been mentioned above but OTOH it's actually a pretty nice fleet

Quote:
CO Fleet has no Chance of no loss vs Xan, Zik
This has already been discussed too
Quote:
Other faults are
Blackwidow, Guardian arnt worth building so no Anti BS for cath
Anti Bs is meant to be one of the weak points for the alliance. As has been mentiond already.
Quote:
DMG ratio on EMP ships is less then par
Not by much. The Spider is fine - it's a 0 loss def ship for a while at least against the Co fleet.
The Beetle? heh. It's got a higher efficiency than the armour/cost ratio of the Gryphon.
Scarab isn't bad, although it does mean that Cath are weaker vs Zik Fi than Xan Fi (whereas Terran are weaker against Xan Fi than Zik Fi - especially if I change the damage type of the corsair and thief, which I'm still tempted to do).
Viper might need a slight upgrade, but not much.
Same with the Guardian, for reasons posted above and earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Scarab is the dreaded uber ship that will sit at base fleet 90% of the rnd ( and youll need alot of them )
Really? I'd have thought you'd have considered having Scarabs and Spiders hanging at base so you don't get consistantly hit by fighters, as well.
Quote:
I think they are decent stats until you get to Cath which may look nice but wont get used. Sorta like the scarab.
Cath were meant to go for Cr first. The Scarab is the most efficient ship barring the Peacekeeper, and it has an ETA advantage (although if Roaches are present it isn't a 0 loss defence).
Quote:
Cath Fixes
Blackwidow target to CR
Viper target to CR
Viper already targets Cr. Why would you want 2 Destroyer class ships that hit Cr? This gives a steal/EMP combo on the same class, which quite frankly is one of the things I was trying to avoid.
Quote:
Spider change to CO class and target changed to FI
Making the only alliance-ETA defence ship the Thief? And making every alliance now have an alliance-ETA defence ship for Anti-Fi? Are you sure?
Quote:
Roach upgraded and changed to EMP Target to CO
Scorpion target to FR
Why would Cath want to steal Fr? Even with changing the Black Widow to stealing Cr, there's far more Bs than Fr around for stealing.
Secondly what's the point of an EMP anti-Co Cr ship for Cath? I can see a point for a steal ship, because it's ingal "PDS" that steals it's own pod class.
Quote:
Guardian changed to normal target to DE
Making the "PDS" anti De a loss taking ship instead of a 0-loss ship, meaning the De fleet is a lot stronger (as it would fire after the Drake). Actually, I obscurely like this, but it does mean that the Cr fleet needs the Guardian for hitting Zik.
Quote:
Scarab Target to BS
Tarantula Changed to EMP
Beetle target to DE
That seems to work for me
changing the Beetle to target De? This means they can't hit Terran, and gives Cath an anti De ship that is in-allaince ETA.
Tarantula changed to EMP negates the fact that Chimera are meant to fire before them as one of the best anti cr ships with the Scarab (tbh the Peacekeeper might need a slight downgrade, having looked at it).
I guess if the Chimera were upgraded this would be viable.
If you look at the races, they can all send alliance defence against roughly 3 of the pod classes, (and often can send ingal defence against another one) but they're always weak against 2-3. [For Terran I didn't really count the Harpy].
Out of all the changes, changing the Guardian to hit normal De, the Scarab changing to Co class, changing the Tula to EMP (with the Chimera being upgraded), and changing the Roach to anti-Bs (probably EMP) would be the changes I'd consider most.
I'm worried about changing the Scarab because it'll probably mean too much anti-fi is around and that might mean upgrading the Xan / Zik fighter defence more.
========
Edit: changing the Guardian to kill De makes it very like the Pirate, so it might have to be EMP.
This does mean that if this is EMP, the Roach is EMP vs Bs, and the Tula has been changed to EMP, there won't actually be any kill ships left (unless I change the Scarab to normal and Co)

Last edited by Appocomaster; 24 Jun 2005 at 12:22.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote