View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 04:00   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Linux and Windows Compared: The Facts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus
Think we really need to prove to ms ppl that something like Ubuntu is just as good as windows. JUst to bad games aren't to well supported on linux/bsd.

Try to ask widows trolls to stay and watch you showing the power of linux, and most of'em won't have a good answer because they ain't got a clue about whats going on atm . Atleast in my experience you can't beet them with login, but you can sure make them look stupid if you go for it
From experience I've had, your average Windows power-user has no desire to make a Linux user look stupid. It's crap like that that gives the Linux community a bad name, that makes it inaccessible to new users and that makes statements such as 'Windows users are stupid because they can't make Linux work' self-satisfying.

There are certain basic truths to Linux and Windows, and having used them both I can attest to both. Setting up your machine in Windows is easier than doing the same in Linux. Not once during my most recent install of XP did I have to download and compile network drivers to get my wireless to work, nor did I have to dig through pages upon pages of quite technical man pages to figure out why they didn't just out of the box.

Linux is not yet (in most flavours) an ideal end-user experience. You can do an awful lot with Linux, and a lot of that can be analogued with Windows. The fact still remains that Linux is not for average users who have trouble figuring out how to get pictures off their digital camera. Computing was once thought of as an art for those proficient (or willing to learn) the technologies involved. Until some reasonably flavour of Linux realises that average users are in no way computer literate and just want things to work out of the box, we'll be stuck with bullshit 'Linux is better' or 'Windows is better' arguments from zealots who refuse to see outside of their own little sandboxed OS world.

Thinking that the way to promote Linux to average Windows users is to show them how powerful it is instead of how easy to use it is immediately loses the 'fight'.

Edit:
This isn't against anyone in particular, just towards general Linux elitism. I'm forced to use both through work and Uni but I can think of better things to idolise than some code running against my computer's processor.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote