View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 23:01   #12
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: jesus of nazareth but no nazareth in the first century????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Did you think so? I thought he took a very interesting subject and presented it very very badly. He was extremely biased which is fine, he obviously feels strongly about the subject, but I always find programmes like that work better if they merely present the facts and allow you to reach your own conclusion. Btw I only watched the first 45 minutes of it so maybe it got better after that?
Yeah I agree it could of been better presented. But as I was passionate about the subject it didn't matter much.

At one point he went to Palestine/Israel and talked to one israeli, who was in charge of some Synagogues, and he said the old testiment was definitely the word of God and hense why the Israelis belong where they are now. Then he went somewhere else in the west bank and talked to a Palestine Church leader, and the leader refered to the same text and said as the text talked of the right men have against being chuck out of their land so the palestines also belonge there.

And then the presenter talked of who taking the Bible word for word wasn't really that clever, as it can be made to say anything.

He later talked to one church leader who said that yes the bible was made by man which the spirit guided so as not to put lies in the bible/put their current political slant on it etc.

Then the presenter said surely if the spirit guided the original authorers of the bible they will guide you and me when making critical judgements of the bible. Which lets Christians critise the Bible and still be good Christians as far as i'm concerned.

That one point made me like the programme.

Last edited by Weeks; 29 Dec 2004 at 05:53.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote