View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2007, 00:48   #138
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Henry wasn't past it - 10 goals in 17 games is pretty good. He just had his first season at Arsenal that was ruined by injuries, no more.

As I posted on PB:

Quote:
I'll preface this post with a disclaimer: I am an Arsenal fan.

With that out of the way.

Quote:
Henry could have been an arsenal legend, and although he'll leave record goal scorer, i'll remember him as the captain who abandoned ship! As captain he should have shown leadership and he just hasn't done that. He has shown a lack of character, and determination required to inspire those around him.
Written by someone else, but right in every way.

Henry signed a long-term contract last summer and committed his future to the club. I could have accepted him leaving last summer - £50m was on the table and no player is without his price. I was willing to give him a free choice.

But now, one year on, he's jumping ship because we weren't winning enough - which was partly because he had been injured all year (on and off). Where Chelsea found themselves without defenders, we found ourselves without strikers.

So thanks a lot Thierry Henry, you were loyal right until it didn't suit you anymore. You let the fans accept you into the deepest recesses of their hearts and then turned away a season later without decent reason. Congratulations - you're up there with such Arsenal turncoats as Patrick Viera and Ian Wright.