View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2009, 23:15   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: When is it BEST to use BONUS from upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memtok View Post
you "disagreement" with my statements aobut scanners is not a REAL disagreement- I just presented it without explaination of the difference between a fast scan/hi amp scanner. Generally, a Terran is better off rushing to scan techs, and letting thier fast const get amps, and a CAT scanner is better off using their fast research to get scan techs normally, then bonus'ing up their amps...so we DO agree there.
No, we don't. You say terrans should get the research bonus; I say that this is useless because they can't beat caths that choose the research bonus. You say that caths should get the construction bonus; I say that this is even more useless, because they can't beat terrans, even if terrans don't upgrade.

Quote:
The point I was trying to make re: siege weapons rush is that it is NOT a "bullet proof" strategy. If you do not have the support it takes to HOLD early roids, getting them won't matter. Also, if you consider that a goodly portion of the "aware" universe will know early bs/cr is possible, they will take steps to build def vs your siege weapons rush. So a siege weapons rush may not only NOT be sustainable for some, it may also be off-set by a unvierse which builds de/fr type anti CR.
It could be. But it won't. Because the low number of CR/BS rushers doesn't warrant a significant investment in anti-CR/BS, especially not at tick 72, when a lot of resources are needed to stop fleets.

Quote:
I will also admit that the proposal I put forth of using the bonus to rush your secondary research track is not a BIG advantage. but even a small advantage (knowing exactly what is attacking you) will be useful to off-set some of the possible fakes which may be sent at you. Plus, getting your I-scans thru bonus use is something the universe cannot take away from you easily (except by out building your amps with distorters).
The increased income for mid level players is worth more than a bunch of research points they don't need anyway, because they don't need to waste a lot of time on HCT.

Quote:
One thing I stand firmly behind is the theory of using the bonus as a one-time self-def build. Essentially you do not pick an exact tick to use your bonus, but rather let an attacker pick it for you. that one-time self def boost you get will often be enough to let your ally easily cover you, and especially in THIS round with its wide spread stats, you may be able to entirely self-cover via build thru building an "off-class" def ship your attack hasn't accounted for in his original send.
Theoretically, this could work. In practive, the bonus is too small to be useful. At the very last tick, the bonus comes down to a whopping 67250 value. I'll leave it to you to decide how significant that is for planets with (say) 1.5m value.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote