Thread: Support Planets
View Single Post
Unread 26 Jul 2006, 08:09   #72
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Support Planets

1. Alliance limits may be forcing once loyal alliance members to either play for the opposing team or quit the game. TomKat was 1up when I joined 1up and now he is Exilition. On the other hand alliance limits are good for encouraging more competition/cooperation between alliances.

2. Defining an alliance may be in the best interest of all. Last round 1up used the ability to shuffle players in and out of tag to hide the score. This round shuffling is detrimental to the alliance but keeping players untagged is still ok for the moment. 1up only had the hard coded limit of active players. While I have seen allegations of abuse of the alliance fund it simply never happened on a wide spread, consistant, or official basis. This round 1up has done nothing more than allow a few players to remain un-tagged. Un-tagged planets cannot defend or recieve defense but are required to attack. This is a benefit to the player more so than the alliance due to free scans without having to pay any tax. There is also the case that if they did not tag with 1up for some reason their accumulated score would go to another alliance so this is not benificial to the alliance that allows their members to remain untagged. How is this helpfull again? This is way different that un-tagged planets that never will be tagged doing covert ops against members of 1up almost exclusively. The fact that these planets are not being supported by members from any alliance except Exilition speak volumes as to how blatent the HC of Exilition thinks they can get away with cheating right in front of everyone and PAteam.

3. War is not fair. Yet we still have rules for that such as no nukes, no chemical/biological weapons, no raping and torturing of civilians etc. War games must be coded and part of that coding creates an environment where fair play is possible. If 1up has such pull with PAteam why don't our ships travel 1 tick faster? Because that would not be fair. I suggested 2 or 3 rounds ago that to get around the alliance limit all you need is a second alliance. It seems that not many tried it for R16. I know that TGV did as a galaxy member Ionos commented that he was in the smaller alliance and was promoted into TGV once his score was acceptable yet both were basically under the same command. Seems that limits and rules will always try to be broken by folks desparate enough to win. 1up strategy last round was alot more than hiding our numbers. We also did not defend and that kept our coordinates safe for the majority of the round. Most of my non-buddypack Galaxy mates last round had no idea I was 1up until I posted the end of round galaxy banner. Even then some did not catch on till a week later when I tagged with [1up] in IRC. To anyone outside 1up our strategy may have seemed like cheating or unfair but HC did confirm that it was acceptable under the rules before the beggining of last round. As a result of public outcry the rules were changed and the alliance scoring system was altered. One thing about the covert op attacks is that a database outside Planetarion was attacked and hacked into in order for the information about 1up planets to be available. And since I have yet to see those coordinates posted anywhere on the web it seems quite surprising that only a handfull of covert oppers have these coords and are of course covert opping 1up planets mostly. If all is fair would it be ok to track down IP addresses of Exilition members and supporters and pay them all a little "Visit?" I doubt that any member of PAteam or Jolt would allow hacking into the Planetarion systems as a strategy to win.

Planets not in tag can be taxed by an alliance as long as the planet has applied to the alliance and accepted the tax on the Preferences menu. Please tell me how this is not abusable?

Fair play may not totally be possible but allowing anything and everything would be a disaster.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote