View Single Post
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 15:39   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Religion and the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I don't see how your conclusion naturally follows from your proposal
It doesn't, it's an ad hominem. That was my point.

Quote:
I have not been doing anything even remotely close to an ad hominem argument; hence I reserve the right to defend myself.

Frankly after misusing 'ergo' and 'ad hominem' I'd abandon using latin at all if I were you
The "you" was general, not specific. Your wilful misunderstanding of me while quite charming is really unnecessarily prolonging the life-span of this thread.

In extended form, my point was this.

1) Certain people here are moving towards the argument that the bible is irrelevant because there are many differing interpretations which are due to such things as the bible being written many years after the events it claims to describe.
2) This is untrue because the bible being written many years after the events it claims to describe does not mean these events did not in fact occur.
3) In fact a much better counter-argument to the events described in the bible being true is that some of them defy the laws of physics.

Oh joyous rapture!