Thread: 1680
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 22:34   #35
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1680

Fluffie

While you walk the streets dodging drunkards, you pass an alley with 2 men conversing in the shadows.

"I told you George that shipment has to be in Aruba as soon as possible or we're all going to be in a lot of hot water."

"I know Pierre, but what kind of merchant is going to take something there? It's not exactly an ideal port but maybe if we pay a little extra......"

"Extra?! Sacreblue.......it's bad enough the ship isn't fit for sailing anymore thanks to you.......maybe if we wait for the ship to be fixed we can.....no we'd never make it. All right, let's start looking around for a captain who doesn't ask questions."

They head out of the alley without seeing you. Your previous trading experience red flags this as an obviously less than legal business venture, although such things tend to pay better, and these men sound desperate. Of course there's bound to be a merchant in town in need of something legal. Or perhaps someone just looking for passage to a nearby port......

Darkling
Juan calls out after as you leave.

"Ha! I'm always around. I'm everywhere. You know that. Till we meet again eh?"

You hear his chair turn towards the bar.

"HEY WHATS A MAN HAVE TO DO TO GET A DRINK IN THIS PLACE!?"

Last edited by Huracan; 3 Jan 2007 at 23:00.
Huracan is offline   Reply With Quote