Thread: 1680
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 17:23   #33
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1680

Feeling a rising anger start to gnaw at his patience as he listened to Juan’s explanation, letting it go with a controlled effort in a vain attempt to be reasonable despite the lack of options right now.

“It would appear I have little choice in the matter right now, though this will require me to raise some more funds at the very least. I will probably have to sell of some of my private stock now I suppose”
Dai keeping his voice low and mellow taking the rolled up parchment reluctantly, nodding his head in disinterest at the whole affair.

“You know as well as I that I am retired now and was never all that spectacular at it either I was just a little smarter than your average sailor with greater aspirations. You would think being able to have an idea beyond were to find the nearest tavern or whore house in the next port would be more common hazards of job aside”
Mulling over some ideas quickly letting the moment pass silently closing his eyes ignoring most of the rabble mulling about the tavern, muttering quietly to Juan.

“I will see what I can do with this, at least you showed up to this meeting, there are those who would do otherwise”
Glancing quickly around the tavern with an obvious look of distain
“Ill leave you to your reveling I cannot stand these places for to long, to uncivilized filled with brutes and unsightly whores abound. Present company excluded of course”

Flashing a playful smug grin at the comment in its entirety.
“Good day Juan don’t get to too drunk now I might have need of you in the future, would not want you getting killed in some pointless bar fight, Spaniard or not I just might miss you a little”
Dai Sharply gets up from his chair almost knocking it over, making his way for the taverns door as he tucks the parchment inside his coat.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote