View Single Post
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 23:36   #47
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rules enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
As referenced, B|nTaRa mailed Kileman to ask to land for XP. He sent several in-game e-mails, a few of which were replied to carefully by Kileman telling him all B|nTaRa would get was his ships turned into salvage. He said he was willing to lose the roids again, but wanted the XP, even to the MH.
The Xp farming which never happened in true fashion, there was a mere suggestion of it.

Quote:
arc said he was being fleet caught and requested that Keizari pull his fleet in return for roids. Keizari reported this (with parts of what was apparently a fair few converstations with Fiery quoted above) and pulled his fleet. arc never actually let Keizari steal the asteroids, and later explained that he was actually happily waiting to steal the Fi sent having already saved his ships. Keizari would have therefore pretty much lost the fleet catch and the roids, and his Fi fleet.
Which never happened, so we can't be sure if his actual intent was to admit the roids or not. What you have, is him saying so after he's been advised to say so. Check my post regarding the rules attorney part. Also, I never recalled my fleet, saying so is blatant lies. All what's left of the incident is a suggestion to asteroid farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appoco
Apparently something which wasn't mentioned was Fiery apoligising to Keizari
This was not mentioned to me, either. Actually, reading through my queries with the person in question, I don't find an apology. So you have me puzzled there. Let me know when you find the apology, so I can accept it. If Fiery apologized to me through you, I did not get that either. The facts are, we'll never know how the case would truly have resolved because of this. Although, the suggestion to roidfarm still remains. As does the suggestion of Bintara's, which was never resolved either.

Quote:
It's therefore an unproven issue, but it's very much in doubt as to whether arc was lying himself out of trouble or agreeing to a lesser evil of losing free roids instead of the loss of ships, hence arc still being open.
So trying to talk yourself into landing a big hit is unapprovable, but trying to talk yourself out of loosing fleet isn't, through the same means of suggesting cheating to a second party? I'm still failing to see the point. The issue with arc is unproven, but it's clear there was a suggestion to roidfarm. The issue with Bintara never resolved in actual farming either, but there was a suggestion to roidfarm. It's bintara's suggestion being made worse by the fact that he tried to get himself land by suggesting formal cheating, and arc's case being made less worse by him suggesting himself being farmed? If it's so, then I've finally understood it, but it still puzzles me why this was worth getting a planet closed for and another totally off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
After reading those logs I'd say Arc's case was worse than Bintara, so if Bintara is closed so should Arc. None of them should however be closed though, no crime was committed (yet).
I don't know which one was worse, I find them rather similar. I agree, however, that neither should have been closed. A crime was commited on both cases (the EULA statement where it talks about encouraging people to cheat), but it's really hardly serious enough to get a planet closed for (given the amount of abusive language rules breaches a lot of people commit in their in game mails, for example).

edit. also, what is this fleetcatch we're talking about? I never noticed one.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote