View Single Post
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 14:27   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: This thread is not about abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'm pretty confused. when did they know this child had the condition and if it was early on why did the parents go through with the birth?

is the baby in pain? will it's cognitive development be impaired by this conditon or will it one day be able to communicate?
We had a seminar on this the other day interestingly enough. The baby has type 1 SMA, it will die before it gets to 2. It cant breath on its own and it cant sit up let alone stand. What's its quality of life? Pretty shit if you ask me.

Presumably they can test for this early on during pregnancy, but i dont know if they can distinguish between type 1, 2 and 3. If you've got type 3 you can stand up and survive into your 20s with a reasonable standard of living. The father doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would agree with abortion anyway.