View Single Post
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 11:35   #1
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Internet and the Tory Party.

Today as I was reading the Guardian I noticed an article on the front page about this new David Cameron website, where his minders have decided it would be a good idea to have him talk into a webcam from his home.

Now my knowledge of British politics is not very great; it simply struck me as a very odd, perhaps even progressive thing for a right wing conservative party to do.

There is no reason why not of course, and perhaps it will connect with a constituency of computer savvy internet goers.

The interesting question for me is whether this will turn out to be a major new avenue of political communication; something slightly more direct and accessible to the public. Does that then have a positive or negative spinoff for the democratic process? Or is it just a new form of vacuous political advertising? All spin and little substance.

Here is the link to the Guardian article.