View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2007, 14:12   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
So good that they managed to turn an entire anti-man utd nation back to Man utd without actually winning anything of any note, and not turning up in key games.

Its not difficult to perform 'backs against the wall' when you buy so many players. Even next week, look at the difference between the Chelsea and Man Utd benches - itll be Cudicini / Cole / Robben / Kalou / Shevchenko vs Kuscak / O'Shea / Fletcher / Richardson / Eagles.

Why do you keep giving credit to the favourites?
Like T&F, they have a squad of 25, like anyone else. They don't have a lot of players and started from having zero infrastructure where their total youth output to the first team is a grand total of #1. The fact is whether you like watching them or not, they are a very good team, who play with a must win attitude that I think is commendable. I admire their attitude and will to win, you don't have to like it. Is giving credit to the favourites a crime if you actually think they are good? Does my Britishness mean I should support the 'underdog' and blindly not give any credit to a team who are actually quite good too? I've not slagged United at any stage, because they are an excellent team. I just feel that a lot of abuse that Chelsea are getting is unfair.

Quote:
The backbone of the Chelsea team has been Lampard and Terry, both of whom were already there, and until last season, gudjohnsen. Buying the best goalkeeper in the world doesnt hurt but its not like Cudicini was a mug either. Essentially what im trying to say is its not altogether true to try and represent chelsea as starting from nothing.
Well Lampard cost money and Terry is the one product of Chelsea's youth system. Gudjohnsen was only ever at his best in a 4-4-2 alongside Hasselbaink and Mourinho was right to ship him out. Chelsea weren't starting from nothing but they were miles behind United, much like any club have been. Arsenal may not have had the riches, but Wenger is ridiculously well connected and got the best French players in at knockdown prices and inherited a back 4 and keeper that most fans can recite off the top of their head and he started before the prem money got ridiculous. Relatively, it's not very much at all. I don't really approve of sides spending to win the title, but in the current football climate it's totally justifiable because it's the only way.

As for Mikel. Could be a good player but considering he's so young, has been kidnapped by his agent and has money beyond his wildest dreams, has received death threats demanding he turn out for Nigeria and been involved in a tug of war between the world's richest clubs, it comes as no shock that he's screwed in the head and has a ridiculous attitude problem. That boy needs a psychotherapist more than he needs to play football. In the cold light of day your analysis of him is spot on Deff, but go easy on him, he's a lad who has been through a lot.

Last edited by lokken; 7 May 2007 at 14:24.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote